I hereby pledge to provide positive support, care and encouragement for my child participating in youth sports by following this Parent Code of Ethics Pledge:
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches and officials at every game, practice or other youth sports events.
- I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my child ahead of a personal desire to win.
- I will insist that my child play in a safe and healthy environment.
- I will support the coaches and officials working with my child, to encourage a positive and enjoyable experience for all.
- I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free of drugs, tobacco and alcohol, and will refrain from their use at all youth sports events.
- I will remember that the game is for youth and not for adults.
- I will do my very best to make youth sports fun for my child.
- I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, fans and officials with respect regardless of race, sex, creed or ability.
- I promise to help my child enjoy his/her sports experience by doing what I can, such as being a respectful fan, assisting with coaching or providing transportation.
- I will require that my child's coach be trained in youth sports and to uphold the Coaches Code of Ethics.
- I will read the NYSCA National Standards for Youth Sports and do what I can to help all youth sports organizations implement and enforce them.
I, acknowledge that I am responsible for all equipment assigned and I agree to exercise reasonable care in the handling of equipment. I further understand that I will ensure that all equipment issued will be returned to DCSC no later than November 30, 2019 or I will have to pay a fee of $250.00. As the parent/guardian, I further acknowledge that the information given on this form as being accurate to the best of my knowledge. I hereby give permission to have my child’s name, and or photos used for any advertising pertaining to DCSC.